Hello my lovely ones. I know that it has been a while, I have moved and net is sketchy at best. But I did want to come and tell you that I am alive and bringing you a bit of a review for something I have been wanting to try. 7th Heaven Face Masks (Montagne Jeunesse)
As I was perusing Walmart one day, I walked by the beauty area and on one of the end caps was a hanging area where a bunch of facial masks were hanging. All through my shopping (cat and dog stuffs for the critters in my life,) I thought about when I was younger and how I had a horrid experience with a face mask. It had smelled like glue, and ended up causing my face to turn into a strawberry and peel. Anywho, after fighting the whole time, I finally gave in to that “frivolous buy demon” and settled on getting 3 of the masks. I will make the list, explain what they are, share my experience and add my thoughts on each one. 🙂
- Tea Tree Peel Off Mask – It targets those trouble areas like the T-Zone, clean your skin of impurities and calm down the facial demons aka (blackheads and pimples.) It contains Tea Tree oil, Witch Hazel and Canadian Willowherb. I just knew when I bought the mask, that it was going to be an overbearing scent of Tea Tree. I just KNEW it. While I love tea tree, and tend to hunt things down with the scent, when it is overbaring, it makes me nauseated and icky feeling. But as soon as I opened the pack, it was quite lovely and smelled fresh. So pleasantly surprised! Inside of the package is a clear, thick gel. So I rubbed said goo on my facial region. It went on pretty easily, and the pack was just enough to cover. I wasn’t bombarded by the smell or anything. I waited for the lowest time (they say to keep it on 20-25 minutes) and my face felt like it was tight and scrunched but it wasn’t an unpleasant feeling at all. The one issue that I had is that while I was waiting, the mask made my face have a slight burny feeling, but in the end, it wasn’t all that bad. I began to peel the mask off (soooooo enjoyable! yes, I was the kid that covered their hands in glue to peel off!) and that is when it happened. The one thing everyone never expects but when it happens a state of shock sets in…. I COULD SEE THE BLACKHEADS FROM MY NASAL PROTRUSION ON THE MASK AND NOT ME FACE! It was amazing. All the gunk that I have been spending YEARS trying to go away, GONE in an instant. I squealed like a happy piggy. Enough to scare Waya to death. My face felt soft and supple, and just wonderful. There was no redness, no issues of any kind.
- Black Seaweed Peel Off Mask – This mask is like a seaside detox for your face. It cleanses deeply and peels off dirt and oils which are stuck within your pores. It contains sea salt, laver seaweed and sea buckthorn. To be honest, I don’t know what I was thinking this was going to smell like when I bought it. I am not one that likes fishy smells or anything and I was afraid that it was going to smell like a fish market. But I was surprised when I opened the pack and it didn’t smell like that at all (THANK GOODNESS MIND YOU!) but the smell is not really something I can explain. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t really pleasant either. It was that in between phase that is like “eh.” It was a bit stronger, strangely enough, than the tea tree one and sort of made my son go “WHAT IS THAT SMELL?” My reply was “HUSH IT FELLA! This is for SCIENCE!” But in the end, I waited the alloted the 20 minutes (or until dry) time and began the peeling process. It came off with relative ease and I could see more icky stuff coming off my face. My face felt smoother, more radiant and just all around better. Oh, and to top it off, it was black! I thought that was amazing personally.
- Hot Spring Sauna Masque with Volcanic Minerals – Okay… This one I have to build you up to. Keep in mind I said HOT SPRING and Volcanic in the same sentence. The site says “Bursting with nutrients, the feisty ground Volcanic Spring Minerals, chopped Ginger and Pumpkin in our self-warming sauna mask opens up pores for a deep cleanse. Exfoliating Bamboo gently polishes and removes dead cells, leaving your skin sparkling.” Well when I bought this, I thought “oooh Sauna!” I didn’t think one moment that my life was going to change, to flash before my eyes like a movie. But, when I opened the package, I saw this orange looking clay and though, oh wow, this is going to exfoliate like CRAZY! It never occurred to me to actually READ the whole thing. I put it on my fingers and pressed it to my cheek, made circular motions and stalled, my mind filled for a moment with what I can only describe as pure, unmitigated TERROR. IT WAS BOILING HOT. At least to my panicked mind it was. I took a breath, hmmm, it wasn’t hot anymore. So I thought maybe I was imagining things, so I started rubbing again. HOT! HOT! But after a moment, I realized it wasn’t so hot that I was boiling the flesh from my bones. It was, comfortable. Pleasant (apparently this is the word of the day!) even. I smeared this hot orangy stuff all over my face. I went over, done my routine of pulling up the Tubes and sat for 15 minutes with the scent of ginger and pumpkin on my face. After I rinsed it off (it wasn’t a peel off,) there was a noticeable difference in my skin. And I mean NOTICEABLE. It was smooth as silk, my skin was tighter and I was shining like a star. Sparkling happened people. I felt like a new me, face wise.
For each of them, I waited a week in between. I wanted to see the results for each, without the effects of another to taint the results.
I have to say that I am definitely surprised by the results. I wish I could have taken a before and after photo but I do not own a cell phone, or a camera for that matter and my web cam is boxed up in this mess somewhere. Because the effects are visible. I feel softer, smoother and healthier facial skin wise.
So here are the pros and cons of each.
- Tea Tree Mask – PRO: The scent is pleasant and it shows results INSTANTLY. It was easy to use and put on even though it was quite thick. CON: It does take a bit longer to dry than the designated 20 minutes. Yes, it says 20 to 25 minutes but if you get places that you have put it on thicker, it takes a long time to dry. It isn’t really a con of the product itself, but mostly user error on my part. Just be aware.
- Black Seaweed – PRO: The effect is also instantaneous. It was also fun to use since it was black. It also easy to put on as well. CON: The smell is iffy. Not bad but one of those “Eh,” smells.
- Hot Sauna – PRO: HOLY COW, my skin felt great afterwards. And didn’t feel bad at all even after the initial shock of it. CON: My skin did burn just a little bit afterwards. Not as in I’m on FIRE! or anything. I believe it was just an after effect of the herbal stuff used. It took about an hour or so for it to go away, but it wasn’t bad at all.
- ALL OF THEM – PRO: Price. It was amazingly priced. It was under $1.50 (around 1.35) and does give you the results it says. The company is also big on not using animals to test on and I love them for that. CON: I honestly cannot really give a con of the all of them. I have presented the cons on each separately above and none of them really have the same thing in common.
So, as for my thoughts in general. I liked them. A lot. And I am surprised. I will definitely be using them again. There is one thing I would like to add. On their website (yes I looked them up!) they do have a sort of “contest” where you post a photo of you using their masks/foot scrubs and having a chance of winning masks that aren’t even in stores yet. Something I thought you guys and gals might be interested in.
So yes, two skelehands up from me!
OH YEAH, NOT SPONSORED! Just so ya know. I bought these with my own money.
So what do you all suggest I try next? Is there a beauty product that you use that you think I might like? Something you want to try but would rather sacrifice someone else to use before you spend your hard earned cash? Just get in touch hit me up in a comment below!