This is a meal that will be a hit at any gathering! It is delicious with subtle flavors (suit to taste of course!) and definitely filling. I hope you enjoy!
Moo Shu Vegetables
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dry Sherry or Shaoxing Rice Wine (you do not have to use this if you do not have it.)
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste!)
- 2 large Eggs
- 3/4 c Bamboo Shoots (drain water from can)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Gingerroot (fresh, chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
- 8 oz Mushrooms (equals 1 1/12 c – sliced)
- 1 c Carrots (shredded)
- 4 oz Firm Tofu (drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 c Napa Cabbage (shredded)
- 3 tbsp Green Onions (chopped)
- 2 tsp Asian Sesame Oil
What to do:
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, sugar and salt into a small bowl. Stir well until it is a smooth sauce. Set aside. In another bowl,lightly beat eggs. Set aside.
- Stack bamboo shoots two or three high and then cut them lengthwise into strips. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add vegetable oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add ginger and garlic to the oil and toss well, until fragrant (about 15 seconds should do the trick.)
- Add mushrooms and toss well. Spread out the mushrooms until they are a single layer and cook, undisturbed for about 30 seconds. Add in the carrots, tofu and bamboo shoots and toss. Cook until carrots and mushrooms are softened while tossing occasionally, generally about 1 minute. Add the cabbage and toss again. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until tender-crisp (that means it still has that bite, but is softer to the mouth hole. You can add a tbsp or 2 as need to keep it from burning.)
- Push vegetables to the side and pour the eggs into the center of the pan. Swirl the pan around spreading as much of the eggs as possible and then cook for about 30 seconds. Toss those around a bit to create the scrambled eggs we all love and then mix in the vegetables, but do so gently.
- Stir the soy sauce mix one more time and then add to the pan. Toss it well and allow the veggies to soak up the sauce for about 1 minute. Add the green onions and the sesame oil, toss around and then transfer to a plate/bowl.