Hi everyone! I hope that everything is going well for all of you! Goodness knows I wish nothing but the best for you and yours. 🙂
As for the update: Things are doing a lot better here in the wild world of Lilly. I am not nearly as sore as I was. It has been a very hard time for me but I will not let it get me down. 🙂 You have got to do what you got to do right? I hope that is something that all of you learn. Life can be hard, pain and sickness can come. It is why it is called LIVING. The thing about it is, you can let it consume you, or you can move through it and become better for it.
If you have been with me for a while, you will understand that I have some health issues. If you have just joined us I will just say for you to read my previous blogs. I don’t want to keep going on and on about my “problems” because I feel like I would be sending out the “poor me” vibes and I don’t want to do that. But I will explain this:
My sicknesses will not define my life. They will not take over. I am me, I will always be me. I am stronger than what may happen. This life that I am living, while it isn’t all champagne and caviar, it is mine. I stand strong and proud of exactly who I am, and what I have. My life is hard, and full of struggles, but in the end I am becoming. I am learning.
Well, I know that you are all probably tired of my ramblings and are sitting there right now saying, “COME ON! GET TO THE GOOD STUFF!” *laughs* So here goes, something I am hoping all of you will enjoy. (Side note y’all: This is for all of you that are gluten-free. It is still delicious, so by all means try it out!)
Gluten Free Spaghetti Lasagna
- 8 oz rice spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef (can sub turkey or chicken)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz frozen spinach, thawed and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 ¾ cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan (4 oz)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put on pot of water and cook pasta according to package instructions. Pour into colander to drain, rinsing briefly and return to pan.
- While waiting for pasta to be done fry up the hamburger, drain fat. Add spinach, onion powder and garlic powder and heat through. Add spaghetti sauce, mix through and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat 2 eggs, add parmesan and melted butter and mix through. Add to pasta in the pan and toss or stir to mix in.
- Grease 2-9 in pie pans, divide the spaghetti mixture between them and spread evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
- In another bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add cottage cheese to the eggs and mix well. Divide the mixture between the two pie pans, spreading evenly across the bottom of the pasta crust.
- Divide the meat mixture between the two pie pans, spreading evenly over the cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella over each pie and return to over for another 8-10 minutes, or just long enough for the cheese to melt and the crust to set. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.
I hope that all of you keep smiling, keep laughing and keep loving.