As a vegetarian, I love to share all the little recipes that I find so you can enjoy them as well! Tonight (aka this morning since it is almost 4am!) I am giving you one of the tastiest and nahmmy things on the planet.
Portobello Penne Pasta Casserole
- 8oz Uncooked Penne Pasta
- 2 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 lbs portobello mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 c margarine
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 c milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and strained
- 1/4 c soy sauce
What to do:
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9/13 backing dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta cooks, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and then add mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute then set aside in a bowl.
- Using the same saucepan, melt your margarine. Mix in the flour, garlic and basil. Gradually mix in the milk until thickened. Stir in 1 c of cheese and remove from heat once cheese is melted.
- Add pasta, mushrooms, spinach and soy sauce to the cheese mixture and stir until well mixed and then transfer to the baking dish before topping with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is a light golden brown.
This is truly delicious, and feels meaty while not containing meat. I do hope that you enjoy!