.:My Jail Experience:.

Hi everyone!  During my last blog, you noticed that I was talking about a group that helps people after jail time.  I promised that I would explain so here goes.

On September 21st of 2012, I was woke-up at 11:43am by a loud banging on my door.  (Yes,  I sleep late y’all.)  I open the door to reveal two sheriffs deputies who then ask if I am Lilly.  I said, “Um yes, how can I help you?”  Keep in mind that I have no clue WHY they are there.  Well, here is how the convo goes:

Sheriff #1:  Yes ma’am, are you Lilly *********?  (the stars are my last name y’all)

Me:  Um,  yes.  How can I help you?

Sheriff #2:  Ma’am, we have a warrant for your arrest.

Me:  Say what now?

Sheriff #2:  Yes ma’am.  We have an arrest warrant.

Waya:  Say what now?

Me:  I’m sorry, I’m confused.  An arrest warrant?  But… for what?

Sheriff #1:  It is for Attachment Pro-Corpus.

Me:  What da hell does that mean?

Sheriff #1:   ……..

Sheriff #2:  …………….

*At this point I am looking at the paper with confusion all over my facial region.*

Me:  May I have a few moments to talk with my daughter please?

Sheriff #1 and #2:  By all means ma’am.

This is when I took my daughter to the side and explained to her to call her father.  I also looked over at Waya and told him to call our mom.

I was allowed to go to the bathroom and to get my shoes on along with grabbing my bag and everything.

Sheriff #1:  Ma’am, we aren’t going to cuff you until you are at the car.  We would hate for your daughter to see this.

Me:  Thank you Officer.  I appreciate that.

They allowed me to use my telephone to call my mom myself.  I’m crying, devastated.  I had no idea what was going on.

I told her to take care of my baby girl, and to find out what the hell is going on.

When I got to the jail, they took a picture of me looking a mess.

Then they took me into a room and made me get naked and take a shower in a stall that the water leaked out of the faucet and down the wall.  I was still asking questions.  And no one would answer.  The woman made me spin around and squat while I coughed to make sure that nothing was in my um…  *cough*  yeah.

They took all of my stuff and put it in this box thing.  Handed me this stupid green and white stripped jumper thing, handed me this box with junk in it and said, “Come on.”

I walk out and they take me down this long hall with cuffs and leg chains, while I am trying to hold onto this huge box.

They take me into this room that had like 20 women in it.  And plop me down on the floor with a stupid mat thing.  There was no where to go but near the OPEN shower and under a table.

I was like a caged wild rabbit.  Scared to death.  I couldn’t understand what was going on.

The first day was a nightmare, the second was worse.  I called my mom, and she explained that it was over me missing a court date and Child Support.  I’m like “What court date?”  Neither of us knew what the hell was going on.

The people didn’t give me my epilepsy meds right.

I started shaking uncontrollably.

The girls in the block with me got worried.  They started fawning over me.  Like I was their child.  Giving me presents like snack food and stuff.  They noticed that I wasn’t eating.  I couldn’t eat.  My nerves were shot.

None of them could understand what was going on.  And finally a woman come over and sat on my mat with me.  I will call her Erica.

Erica asked me what was wrong and I told her.  I explained everything to her.  I realized that everyone had come over and was listening.

By the time I was done, explaining that I was apparently in there for failure to appear, and Child Support (which I will explain another time,)  I looked into their faces and saw what I can only call Rage.  They were all furious.

They realized that I was different.  Erica especially.  She kept me going.  Making me laugh, telling me stories.  It really helped.  All the other girls were so watchful of me.  They would all take turns watching over me while I slept.

It got a bit awkward honestly.

Then came shower day.

It was my turn and I am standing there, butt ass naked and I hear the door open.  A couple of C.Os come in (C.O means Corrections Officer if you didn’t know.)  I looked around the stall and realized it was the male COs.  I am mortified.

One of them, I will call… Um… Jarvis walks over and stands at the shower and talks with me.  I’m trying to find a way to keep him from “seeing me” and finally something just pops in my brain.  I just don’t care anymore.  I finish my shower, while talking with him and say, “Could you hand me my towel please?”  He does and I dry off.

I lost myself that day.

They broke me.

Now I am not really going to go into details about everything that happened during the rest of the time.  Except to explain about the last day and about how the C.Os treated me after I was taken into the actual cell block.

All of the COs treated me very well. I know it seems odd to say that but they were very nice the whole time.  All of them didn’t want me in there.  They would overlook things with me.  If I had something I wasn’t supposed to, they didn’t say a word.  Let me explain.  We were not allowed to have more than one book.  I had 3.  We weren’t allowed to have the boxes our soaps came in.  I was allowed to keep mine.  They would bring me little things, like extra pens and toilet paper.

I started eating.  After being force fed by the other inmates.  Yes friends, they forced food into my mouth.  The COs watched as they shoved food in my face, knowing that I needed it.  I had lost 40 pounds.

The COs even went so far as to get onto the nurse saying that she better start bringing my meds properly.  They put in complaints and everything in my name.

Now, the last day I was there.  I knew I had court, so I got to take a shower, and clean up.  They even went so far as giving me a brand new jumper.

And that is when they decided that our block was to have a search.  I was taken into my room by a female CO and stripped down, having to do my squat again.  I look up to see one of the new male COs trying to look into the room while I was undressing and another pushed him away and stood in front of the window, saying “Don’t you even think about looking at her.

He was PISSED y’all.  Seriously pissed that the other guy was trying to look at me.

They took me out after I was done, searched my room again disregarding that I had things that I shouldn’t have and another CO handed me a sandwich and said, “Eat it quick honey.  I’m taking you down.

The court went through, me with leg chains and handcuffs.

My mom was horrified.

I stood in front of the judge and he said, “You miss another court date and I will throw you in prison.”

My mom nearly flew off the wall.  I signed the papers and was taken away but not before I turn to see my poor twin in the courtroom, his eyes sunken in from not sleeping, having lost weight too.

They took me into the back, put me in a room for 3 minutes and then said, “HURRY AND GET DRESSED BABY GIRL!  WE ARE GETTING YOU OUT OF HERE!”  I was in and out in 5 minutes.

I made history that day as being the quickest release in all the time that jail has been in “business.”

But y’all, I will explain what happened after during another blog, along with what I found out about WHY I was there.

Much Love,



Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s