Hi my lovelies. I thought I would share with all of you this little DIY to create a homemade heating pad for sore muscles. It is simple to do, and cheap to boot. I hope you enjoy.
What you will need:
- Uncooked Rice
- Small Funnel or Piece of paper rolled into a funnel
- Take the fabric and cut it into a rectangle measuring 1foot by 6 inches. The best fabric that I have found is cotton. It can be any color that you would like, but make sure that you do not use anything like polyester or spandex. They can melt when heated.
- Fold the length of the fabric to where it makes a 6 inch square like this: (I used my computers paint program for this.)
- Now, sew along the sides and top, leaving a small opening in the top. Like this: Keep in mind you can put the opening anywhere. It is entirely up to you. This is just the way that I do it. 🙂
- Now, take the funnel or the piece of paper and place it into the hole you created. Poor in the rice until it is full. Do not over pack it! You want it to be limber and flexible. So keep that in mind when you are pouring. I tend to eyeball the amount and go by feel. Just pour until you feel it is right. 🙂
- Sew the hole, tie it off and poof, you have created a heating pad. 🙂
All you need to do is pop it into a clean microwave for about 25 to 30 seconds (depends on your microwave of course) and place it onto the pained location.
WARNING: Just like with everything else, I am adding a disclaimer. You need to understand that this can get very hot. DO NOT place it upon bare skin until you know for certain it is not too hot to use. Place either a towel, or a tee shirt over the area before putting it on. We do not need any of you lovelies with horribly mangled skin now do we? No we don’t.